HP 3D-Scanner with structured light
Hewlett Packard and DAVID Vision Systems
The company DAVID Vision Systems GmbH, which originally developed this successful 3D scanner series, was taken over in 2016 by HP (Hewlett Packard). The acquisition did not change at this time the development team and the proven DAVID product, but now the products are distributed under HP's corporate identity. For example, the most popular DAVID SLS3 Scanner consists of the same technical parts as the HP 3D Structured Light Scanner PRO S3.
3D scanning technology for professional digitizationThe HP 3D scanners enable accurate scanning (up to 0.05mm resolution) in seconds. The individual scans are combined with the supplied software to a closed model and can then be exported for further processing in CAD programs or 3D printers. The scanners are mobile and can easily be placed in front of the object to be scanned. And this at an unbeatable price-performance ratio!
Applications and Scanning TechnologyThe HP 3D scanners are versatile in use - suitable for professional reverse engineering, education, molding, or creating virtual reality objects. Generally for all users who are looking for a precise, fast, powerful and above all flexible solution for digitizing object surfaces. The Structured Light Technology is used, in which image sequences are projected onto the object and used for its three-dimensional detection. Incidentally, the scanner is not suitable for moving objects, for completely transparent objects without the use of matting spray or for scanning deep, long holes where the scanner does not have an available field of view.
Models and UpgradesThe S3 model became more accurate (HD camera) and faster (USB 3.0 interface) compared to its predecessor (S2). For on the top more accuracy and field of view, you can upgrade the scanners to a two-cameras-system (Stereo & Extended View) at any time with an upgrade kit. The following graphic shows the possible upgrade paths of the HP 3D Scanners - we would be pleased to advise you on any upgrade issues.
- HP 3D Structured Light Scanner PRO S3 : High-end model with HD industrial camera (accuracy: up to 0.05% scan size, up to 2,300,000 vertices / scan)
- HP 3D Structured Light Scanner PRO S2 : predecessor model with industrial camera (accuracy: up to 0.10% scan size, up to 1,200,000 vertices / scan)
- Upgrade Kit (Stereo & Extended View) : available for S3 and S2
- Upgrade Kit (New Camera): available for S2
3D Scan Accessories
- Scan Turntable : automates the scanning process by turning the turntable to the next scan position after each partial scan and triggering the next scan until all partial scans are complete.
- Desk Scan Lever : faster and more flexible positioning of the scanner than with the tripod from standard delivery scope
- Matt Spray : preparing to scan shiny, glass or very dark objects
System Integration with HP Enterprise Software SDKIntegrating and controlling the HP 3D Scanner with your own application is possible with the HP Enterprise Software; it contains the SDK for the technical integration.
Maximum object size
The maximum scan size for the supplied calibration surfaces of the Sx models is 500x300 mm. The scanner can scan larger areas using larger calibration areas - the only limitation is that the projected patterns still need to be clearly visible on the larger object. We are also happy to provide you with the calibration samples in vector format (cdr) - you can then set up calibration surfaces according to your object size.
HP Product Support
Our company is a Hewlett Packard Official Certified Reseller for the 3D Scanning product segment and can support you after purchase, either directly or through the HP Second Level Support.